In order to have your domain show Internet files, web pages, and more, you’ll need web hosting. In the above video, I explain the process of setting up an InMotion Hosting web hosting account.
In this video, you will learn how to:
- Save 30% instantly on InMotion Hosting, the most reliable host I’ve found.
- Select the best shared hosting plan for your needs.
- Use your GoDaddy domain name with InMotion Hosting -or-
- Register a free domain with InMotion Hosting for the first year (site exclusive).
- Select the right server for your web hosting account.
- Avoid paying extra for domain privacy if registering through InMotion Hosting directly.
The InMotion Hosting Discount Exclusive Offer
- Save 30% on any business web hosting plan.
- FREE domain registration!
Once you click through from this site either with the banner on the right side of the screen or with this link, you should see the above pricing activated. The 30% discount coupon is available on either the Launch “Small Business Starter” plan or the Power “Top Choice for Small Business” plan.
For those of you just starting out, I’d recommend the Launch plan because it offers the lowest price (smallest risk on your part) and still allows you to host up to 2 separate websites. If you decide to upgrade later, it’s not a problem, just send them an email requesting an upgrade and they will be happy to upgrade you to the Power plan which allows 6 total websites instead of 2.
On the page, click “Order Now” on the plan you decide is best for you.
Remember, to activate the discount you must click the orange button:
Step 2 – Selecting Your InMotion Hosting Plan
If ordering the Launch plan and if you want to spend the least, select the option shown by the red arrow that says 12 Months – $5.56/mo (30% off) + Free Setup. Once selected, click the continue button on the bottom right.
Step 3 – InMotion Hosting Domain Name Options
On this screen, you have one of two options available to you. I’ll explain what these options mean to you.
- I would like to purchase a new domain – If you do not own a domain name such as webhostingchoose.com, you’ll need one to start your website. On this screen, you can type your domain name you’d like to register and then click continue.
- I already own this domain or will handle the registration separately – If you’d like to use an existing domain name or register your domain on another service like GoDaddy, then click this option and type your domain name that you have either pre-purchased or own.
Now that I’ve explained the options, there’s a couple things you should know. First, by using this website, your domain name registration is actually free, a $11.95 value for your first year. This is another exclusive promotion that you aren’t likely to see anywhere else. Second, if you’d like to use GoDaddy as your domain registrar, check out my GoDaddy domain registration video tutorial.
Once finished, click Continue.
Step 4 – The Upsell
Every host does this. Just click continue to proceed unless you really want the Power plan upgrade to maximize your plan features.
Step 5 – Final Options and Your Information
Congrats! You are just about finished. A couple things to note on this screen:
The tuning option is a great feature because it allows you to specify the type of server you’ll be placed on. If you plan to run any sort of website that uses a database and PHP such as WordPress (see WordPress Training Series here), then select the “Site may also use programming and databases” option.
Below that (partially covered in the screenshot above) is the Max Speed Zone.
- West – Use this option if you and most of your audience will be on the West side of the United States.
- East – Use this option if you and most of your audience will be on the East side of the United States.
- Not Sure – This allows InMotion Hosting to choose the best option for you. You’ll have the option to change this setting later if needed.
The last thing you should keep an eye out for if you are claiming your free InMotion Hosting domain name:
Unless you have a reason or need to have domain privacy, I’d recommend switching this to “No Thanks” so that you get a FREE domain without additional fees. If you do not switch it, you’ll be charged a $9 fee on your credit card for domain privacy.
Personally, I never use domain privacy because I feel if people want to contact me, I want to give them the most options possible. If they do a domain whois lookup on my site, they can email me and get in contact. I’ve had several conversions and leads come from domain whois lookups so don’t be shy. 🙂
Other than that, fill in all of your information as accurately as possible and fill in your credit card details to make the purchase. Under “Referred by” I’d appreciate it you put webhostingchoose.com in there, but this is not required.
Have a question? Feel free to leave your question in the comments below and Scott will answer! Be sure to subscribe to comments so that you’ll be notified when Scott submits a reply.
InMotion Hosting Frequently Asked Questions
Not sure about InMotion Hosting? See Scott’s InMotion Hosting review, this site is hosted by InMotion Hosting. I practice what I promote. You can trust these guys!
What’s My Cost Scott? If you follow the above steps, your total cost is $66.78. Anything extra means you’ve missed a step, added features, or you live in a country subject to the VAT.
I Need help with the process? Leave a comment below and I’ll gladly assist you. Thank you for supporting what I’m doing here, I sincerely appreciate it!