Arvixe Review Essentials
Arvixe is currently a top 5 ranked web host. We found them the best hosting solution for those needing Windows hosting. Arvixe is a raising star in the web hosting industry and has a full suite of hosting options available and definitely worth taking a look.
Now that you’ve chosen Arvixe to host your website, the next step is figuring out which hosting plan is right for you. With an abundance of choice, that becomes difficult. Let us help you decide with some questions:
Do you specifically need .NET or ASP hosting? If you aren’t sure or unfamiliar, the answer is likely NO. If you are setting up a blog with WordPress, you can use Linux and save money. Choose non-ASP solutions. However, if you are sure you need ASP and Windows hosting, be sure to sign up with this link to save 20% off the Windows solutions at Arvixe.
Do you need eCommerce? If you are not setting up a shopping system, then skip BusinessClass and save money! If you do need a shopping cart, then the BusinessClass option with free SSL and dedicated IP address (needed for SSL) is included.
Are you setting up your first website or have a lower traffic website? PersonalClass is for you!
Do you plan on having more than 6 websites within the next year? Yes? Go for PersonalClass Pro. No? Go for PersonalClass.
Have experience with Arvixe? Awesome! Please click here and leave a review below!
Hosting Plan Comparison
Shared Web Hosting – Personal Class
- PersonalClass: – $7/monthly, $36/6mo prepay, $60/annually, $96/2 years
- PersonalClass Pro: $10/monthly, $54/6mo prepay, $96/annually, $168/2 years
- PersonalClassASP: $8/monthly, $42/6mo prepay, $72/annually, $120/2 years
- PersonalClassASP Pro: $11/monthly, $60/6mo prepay, $108/annually, $192/2 years
Business Web Hosting – Business Class
- BusinessClass – $30/monthly, $162/6mo prepay, $300/annually, $528/2 years
- BusinessClass Pro* – $42/monthly, $240/6mo prepay, $456/annually, $840/2 years
- BusinessClassASP – $35/monthly, $192/6mo prepay, $360/annually, $648/2 years
- BusinessClassASP Pro* – $50/monthly, $276/6mo prepay, $516/annually, $960/2 years
Other hosting options include:
- Reseller Hosting: These plans are for those needing to host client websites or for those who want to start their own web hosting company.
- VPS: Virtual private servers are what I use exclusively to host my websites. They provide more control and traditionally have less websites per server.
- Dedicated Servers: For the ultimate in speed, you’ll have an entire server to yourself for your power-hungry website(s).
Please see their website for pricing information.
Are They Reliable and Trustworthy?
Arvixe currently offers a 60-day money back guarantee on Personal, Business, and Reseller plans on both Linux and ASP plans. Refunds are not available to accounts that have been determined to abuse their terms of service and acceptable use policy. Be sure to read and review these lengthy policies before signing up to protect yourself from refund issues.
At the time of this writing, I’ve seen a trend towards negative feedback on various sources which may indicate problems with their service within the last three months. Please exercise due diligence and do current research (as I’ve done) if you are considering this web host.
A customer satisfaction survey on June 2014 concluded that out of 307 survey responses the average rating was 8.6645 and 92.51% would recommend Arvixe.
Reviews Discovered Around the Internet
Customer Service Review
Arvixe currently offers the following customer support methods:
- Telephone Support: US-Based toll-free telephone support 24/7.
- Live Chat: Not 24/7 based on observation.
- Discussion Forum: See requests from customers and get assistance.
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+
- Knowledge Base: Full system of frequently asked questions and troubleshooting.
- Ticket System: The most common method to get support for issues.
Overall, I find Arvixe offers many ways for a customer to get in hold of them. Also, their forum appears active and helpful with many of their clients responding to help others. I’ve found their testimonials section full of positive reviews with some negative reviews that are mainly resolved. I don’t tend to trust reviews from web hosts’ own forums because they are often biased for obvious reasons. However, their other sections of the forum really seem to help their users and they even include a Server / Network Status section where they keep everyone up to date on known issues.