iPage Review Essentials
We’ve ranked iPage as a top 5 web host here because they are our go-to response for those looking for the cheapest solution for their web hosting needs. Once you disable the add-ons, you just can’t beat these web hosting rates:
- Requires 1 Year Prepay
- $200 Free
- Requires 3 Years Prepay
- $200 Free
- Requires 3 Years Prepay
- $200 Free
The price includes a free domain registration, free yellowpages listing, a business verification suite, site building tools and more. We recommend the 2-year option because, for just a couple bucks more, you get an extra year of web hosting.
How has your experience been with this iPage? Share it here! Please click here and leave a review below!
iPage Upsells and Our Recommendation
During the ordering process, you will be given the above upsell options. Most of our visitors get hung up on these choices, so to help you, here’s our recommendations.
- WP Essential: $3/month. Even if you plan to use WordPress, I do not recommend this upgrade because most of what they are offering is available to you via WordPress Plugins that are free. You can integrate your own suite of tools to optimize your WordPress at no additional cost.
- Site Protection and Performance Accelerator: $1.66/month. Most web hosts do malware scans on their servers to protect the integrity of the systems automatically. Not recommended.
- LocalLift: $1.08/mo. This is a suite of Internet marketing tools for business. Not recommended. If you are going for ultra-cheap, then you can do what this provides for free.
- Site Backups: $1.08/mo. You can create backups of your website on your own and use automated tools from WordPress to accomplish this task. However, if you are the type of person that won’t remember to make your backups, this solution might be necessary for you.
- Basic Search Optimization: $0.83/mo. If you are using CMS software like WordPress, you’ll already have optimization done for you just by using their system. Not recommended.
- Mobile Phone Website Builder: Again, if you are using WordPress or a CMS like it, look for mobile-response themes such as the Genesis Themes Suite. Not recommended.
iPage Video Shows Customer Portal
In this video, you’ll see a full walk-through of the vDeck control panel that iPage provides you after you sign up. Through this control panel, you’ll do everything from manage your web hosting account, build a website, or manage features. Play the video to get an idea of how user intuitive their control panel is.
iPage Free Marketing and Tools
As you can see from the screenshot above, iPage offers you an incredible value for that $42.00 1-year web hosting service that includes:
- $100 in Google Adwords, $50 in Yahoo/Bing Credits, and $50 in Facebook ads.
- Free business verification, free shared SSL certificate, and free YellowPages listing.
- Large list of freely installable software including WordPress, shopping carts, and more.
- What’s not shown: free website transfer service, free domain registration, and an incredible money back guarantee policy (see below).
Are They Reliable and Trustworthy?
iPage has two guarantee policies in place to fully protect you in case you ever turn unsatisfied with the iPage service.
The first policy is a 30 Day money back guarantee that states if you are unhappy with your service, you can cancel for a full refund of your hosting fees minus fees related to your domain if you had iPage register one for you free during signup.
The second policy states that after your first 30 days, you also have an anytime money back guarantee that states it is like a warranty that never expires. This policy allows you to cancel at any time and get a refund of the remaining unused hosting fees you’ve paid.
We recommend this host for sites that are new or sites that aren’t quite established with decent traffic yet. If you are looking for a web host to power anything that requires a database like WordPress or phpBB (forum software), you may run into performance issues after you build decent traffic. This service would be great for those learning HTML and CSS with their first website though, because these sites are static and load quickly.
If you decide to run a website with WordPress or similar CMS with a MySQL database, it is possible, but keep in mind that you should limit that amount of plugins you install and keep your site’s theme as streamlined as possible to reduce load, otherwise, you’ll likely see site slowdowns and a potential email from iPage that your site is using too many resources.
With the above in mind, iPage is the best choice for those looking to get online with an extremely limited budget and are trying to learn website technology. If you are willing to spend more for a higher-quality environment, I’d recommend InMotion Hosting who is known for their premium business hosting service. Otherwise, the price of iPage cannot be beat.
Keep in mind though, iPage does offer a fantastic money back guarantee. If your site ends up going over the resources threshold that iPage maintains, you can still request their anytime money back guarantee and get your unused hosting fees returned.
Interested in an ECommerce Solution with iPage?
iPage does offer the capability for an online store and they include a free shared SSL certificate along with the ability to install shopping carts like ShopSite, osCommerce, AgoraCart, and more.
If you are on a limited budget and setting up a new eCommerce store that isn’t established, iPage may be a great start-up solution that you move from at a later point once you become profitable. I’m all for low start-up costs and this may be a good solution to start your site with.
iPage offers the following customer support options on their website:
- Telephone Support: 24/7 Toll-free telephone number.
- Live Chat: Available 24/7.
- Social Networking: Facebook, Twitter and Google+
- Knowledgebase: Updated with recent topics like installing W3 Total Cache on your WordPress blog.
- User Guides: Teaches the basics of web hosting.
- Helpdesk Tickets: Available for technical support inquiries.
- Video Tutorials: Available.