I’m very excited to announce the launch of my first video training series that shows you how to create your first website on the Internet. This series will walk you through the six steps you’ll need to take to have your own domain name, have web hosting, and to launch WordPress on that web host.
This series has taken me over a month to film, edit, narrate, and produce. Currently, the “First Website” series shows you how to:
- Register a Domain Name with GoDaddy – Walks you through the process of registering your first domain name. Be sure to check out the video description for awesome domain name buying tips and advice so that you avoid making costly mistakes.
- Start a Web Hosting Account with InMotion Hosting and claim our 30% off exclusive InMotion Hosting discount. This video shows my recommended web host as well as my recommended package you should purchase.
- Change Your Domain Name Servers (DNS) on GoDaddy to point it to your new web host. This step is required if you purchase your domain outside of InMotion Hosting otherwise your domain won’t be able to display your files hosted on InMotion Hosting’s servers.
- Install WordPress on InMotion Hosting with their automated installer. This video was fun because I get to show you how easy it is to install WordPress vs trying to install WordPress manually.
- Setup the Genesis Framework and the Metro Child Theme – See Scott’s List of Top Genesis Themes. I’m a huge fan of the Genesis Framework, in fact this website is using it. Here, I show you how to install the premium Metro child theme on your fresh WordPress installation.
- Configure the Metro Child Theme. This video was over 25 minutes edited and I ran into issues with running out of RAM (and I have 8GB currently), therefore, I split the video into two parts. I think this was good anyways that way you can learn how to configure the Metro theme at your own pace without losing your spot in the training video.
- Configure the Metro Child Theme Part 2. This is the second and most important part of configuring the Metro child theme. Here, I show you how to configure and organize your content on the main page using the various widget sections the theme has.
You may also start at the main page for the How to Create a Website series which has all of these videos listed for your convenience. I recommend looking at this main page because I’m always adding videos to it and I wouldn’t want you to miss anything.
I consider this series as phase one complete. There’s enough tutorials here to have your first website registered, hosted, and showing your content. If you are new to WordPress, I also have a WordPress video training series available that will show you everything you’ll need to know about WordPress to take full advantage of all the features it provides. This series is also provided free of charge but does require you to register to view (your information will not be sold to an email marketer/spammer).
For those asking, I do accept donations. You can either use the donate button on the right sidebar of this site or sign up to my Full Access or Lifetime Access plans. This site is my full time job so I do appreciate your support!
Any questions or suggestions? Want me to cover something besides WordPress? Have a topic idea? Tired of these questions? Leave a comment below! 🙂