This is one of the more popular videos in our series because everyone wants to know how to add awesome pictures and photos into their pages and posts in WordPress. This video is over 6 minutes and 30 seconds long and will teach you everything you will need to get pictures in your posts and pages.
You will learn:
- How to place an image exactly where you want it within your posts.
- The “Add Media” button and media library
- How to drag and drop an image from your computer to instantly upload it to your WordPress site.
- What image title, caption, and alt text are for and how to name them.
- Image alignment within you post from left, center, or right.
- Making an image a link along with various linking options including linking to a custom URL.
- Using the image size option to place an image that fits your page and content.
- Editing the settings of an image that is already in your post or page.
- Advanced settings for images including using a CSS class for specific images.
- Inserting a photo gallery with the “Add Media” button. This includes uploading multiple photos at once and setting those photos to a new gallery within the media center.
- Positioning photos in a gallery.
- Editing the gallery settings including columns, randomizing, and where the images will link to.
If you’ve ever tried to make a website from scratch before with static pages, you will know that inserting and managing images in your site is quite the difficult task. You’ll have to manually edit and resize photos to fit the content, you’ll have to figure out where you want your images to reside, and figure out photo naming schemes so you’ll be able to come back later and understand which photos go to which pages on your site.
With WordPress, managing images is very simple, intuitive, and user friendly. All of your images automatically save on your site with a nice date structure and you won’t even need to browse your photos on your FTP server because WordPress provides their fancy Media Center for easy photo viewing and navigation.
Now that you understand the process of importing, uploading, and using photos on your WordPress site, lets move on to the next video lesson where you will learn how to embed video in WordPress posts and pages.