One of the most important things you can do to improve navigation on your website is to link to all of your content within your posts and pages, similar to how Wikipedia interlinks all of their content. In order to do this, you’ll need to learn how to create links.
In this video lesson, you will learn how to:
- Use the WordPress insert link button on the page / post toolbar.
- Link to external sources.
- Link to your existing content with ease.
- Use the title option to describe a link. Hover over the Wikipedia link above and you’ll see a description come up for that link, that is done with the Title section of the insert link area.
- Force links to open in a new window (or tab).
- Use the edit link button to change a link.
- Use an image to link to a page, post, or other media.
This concludes the basics of WordPress in our WordPress video training series. Now we’ll move on to more advanced topics including changing themes, adding and using widgets, and more. The next lesson will show you how to change your WordPress theme.
If you have a question or comment about creating links, feel free to use the comment section below.