Great job so far. Now that you understand how to use the dashboard, create, and edit posts in WordPress, now it is time to show the purpose of categories and tags. In this video lesson, you will learn:
- What categories and tags are. See how these items appear on your WordPress site.
- Where to add, edit, or delete post categories.
- The process of creating a category.
- The purpose of sub-categories.
- How to create a sub-category.
- Bulk editing categories.
- Using quick edit to alter a category.
- Using tags. Tags are a keyword for your posts.
- Adding, editing, and deleting tags.
- Bulk editing tags.
- The tag cloud.
In general, WordPress categories and tags make it easier for your viewers to find what they are looking for within your site. If a visitor is looking for specific information on your site, using categories will allow them to drill down to the content they need.
If you are running a more general website, the use of tags can really help people find and discover content that might interest them based on keywords.
Have a question about using categories and tags? Leave a comment below!