Now that you have Metro child theme installed, you may have noticed that it looks nothing like the demo provided by StudioPress. In this two-part series, I will walk you through the entire setup process to setup the theme exactly like the demo.
At the time of recording, Metro was actually my favorite Genesis theme which is why I chose it for this series.
By going through the steps setting up Metro, you have the benefit seeing what the Genesis framework can do for your site without much knowledge of PHP or HTML code.
In this video you will learn how to:
- Find the setup instructions for your theme on StudioPress.
- Copy and paste the instructions to a text editor.
- See the various widget sections of the Metro Child Theme that you can configure.
- Set the “Your latest posts” option under Settings > Reading
- Install the WordPress Importer tool.
- Import the XML file from the Metro theme with images and temporary content.
- Switch between the various color options that Metro comes with.
- Upload your large background image that your site will display.
- Setup the primary navigation menu.
- Setup the secondary navigation menu.
- Configure your own custom navigation menu.
- Add the date to the primary navigation menu.
- Add text to the secondary navigation with “Subnav – Left” widget area.
Continue configuring your theme with Configuring Your Metro Child Theme – Part 2.