Good job so far, you are half way done! Now that you have the header, primary navigation and secondary navigation menus configured on your website, it is time to learn how to configure the “meat and potatoes” of your website.
In this video, Part 2 of configuring the Metro Child Theme from Studiopress, you will learn the rest of the steps to make your website shine. WordPress never looked this good before!
In this video you will learn how to:
- Place the Search option in the header of your website using the “Header – Right” widget area.
- Configure the “Home – Top” section which is the first content your visitors will see when they visit your homepage.
- Configure the “Genesis – Featured Posts” widget for “Home – Top” to appear like the demo.
- Configure the “Home – Middle Left” section of the homepage.
- Configure the “Home – Middle Right” section of the homepage.
- Configure the “Home – Bottom” section of the homepage.
- Configure the “Primary Sidebar” section that appears on all pages.
- Setup the Email Newsletter using the “eNews Extended” plugin.
- Configure the Recent Posts section of the Primary Sidebar.
- Setup the Latest Tweets widget using the “Genesis Latest Tweets” plugin.
- Configure the footer widgets.
To learn more about the Genesis Latest Tweets plugin used in the demo along with further instructions, setup information, and support, be sure to check out the support section on WordPress.org for this plugin.
Note: During setup, I noticed during filming that an error message appeared when I first setup this plugin on the demo site:
The Twitter API returned an error while processing your request. Please try again.
All I had to do to fix it was wait. After a few minutes, the plugin began to work without issue. I’m not sure exactly why this error appears, but waiting seems to have fixed it for me.
Scott’s Genesis Setup Service
Want me to configure your theme like the demo for you? Check out the Lifetime access plan for $97 that includes this service. The service is provided first come / first serve. Unless I have a backlog, your site should be setup within 72 hours. Any backlog will be shown in the backend when you submit your request for this service.